A recent iTunes update has caused errors related to this file. For some, simply replacing it has worked, which can easily be done with our DLL-Files Fixer software. If this does not work, a complete uninstall/reinstall of all Apple products may be the only way to circumvent the problem.
To solve this error, follow these steps:
- Go to Control Panel --> Programs and Features
- Sort by "Publisher"
- Uninstall all Apple Inc. programs in the following order:
- Apple Software Update
- Apple Mobile Device Support
- Apple Application Support
- Restart PC
- Download and re-install iTunes. This will also apply all necessary compatibility and support packs previously uninstalled.
Your private settings and Library, playlists and the like should not be affected by this, since these settings are saved in personal folders in MyDocuments and other external places.